NORTH AURORA, Ill. (WTVO) — A Chicago area police department uses the holidays to remember officers lost in the line of duty.
North Aurora Police decorated its Christmas Tree with pictures of fallen Illinois law enforcement officers.
That includes Deputy Jacob Keltner, killed outside of a Rockford hotel in March.
Trooper Brooke Jones-Story was hit and killed on the side of Route 20 outside of Freeport.
Six officers in Illinois have died this year, and 110 nationwide.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor