NORTH AURORA, Ill. (WTVO) — A Chicago area police department uses the holidays to remember officers lost in the line of duty.
North Aurora Police decorated its Christmas Tree with pictures of fallen Illinois law enforcement officers.
That includes Deputy Jacob Keltner, killed outside of a Rockford hotel in March.
Trooper Brooke Jones-Story was hit and killed on the side of Route 20 outside of Freeport.
Six officers in Illinois have died this year, and 110 nationwide.
- As mail-in ballots still find their way to local voters, there is still time to register
- Bobby Bones helps our nations veterans, and you can too!
- Take one step with Nik’s Wish and their fundraiser of the year
- Mahoney answers his strangest FAQs
- Dems hold hearing on white supremacists within police depts