NORTH AURORA, Ill. (WTVO) — A Chicago area police department uses the holidays to remember officers lost in the line of duty.
North Aurora Police decorated its Christmas Tree with pictures of fallen Illinois law enforcement officers.
That includes Deputy Jacob Keltner, killed outside of a Rockford hotel in March.
Trooper Brooke Jones-Story was hit and killed on the side of Route 20 outside of Freeport.
Six officers in Illinois have died this year, and 110 nationwide.
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers
- College baseball coach, daughter, and wife among 9 Killed in California helicopter crash
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash