ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rock Valley College has been named a “Cyber Defense Institution” by the National Security Agency.
The designation will improve job and academic opportunities for students studying data assurance and information technology security.
RVC is one of five community colleges in Illinois to gain the distinction.
The NSA and the Department of Homeland Security sponsor the program, whose goal is to reduce vulnerabilities in the national information infrastructure, by promoting education and research.
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East dominates Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere