ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rock Valley College has been named a “Cyber Defense Institution” by the National Security Agency.
The designation will improve job and academic opportunities for students studying data assurance and information technology security.
RVC is one of five community colleges in Illinois to gain the distinction.
The NSA and the Department of Homeland Security sponsor the program, whose goal is to reduce vulnerabilities in the national information infrastructure, by promoting education and research.
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness