ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police are investigating 15 murders which happened in 2019, five of which happened in the last week and a half.
On July 29th, a gunman shot and killed Phillip Butler and Trifari Hughes on Hutchins Avenue.
On Thursday, August 1st, another shooting at 8th Street and 11th Avenue claimed the life of Antonio Thompson.
This morning, around 3:30 a.m., 28-year-old Teon Hill and his wife, 27-year-old Christina Langston-Hill, were murdered at their home at 727 Bruce Street.
So far, no arrests have been made in any of the five murders.
- Winnebago Co. announces 2 additional COVID-19 deaths as the county case count nears 2,000
- Rockford bank makes donations to keep aid organizations up and running during pandemic
- Daycare centers prepare difficult task of keeping kids socially distant upon re-opening
- Rock House Kids receives financial boost from local organizations
- Applications for special city loans for microbusiness due on Friday