ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Officer Eric Thurmond appeared in a Winnebago County courtroom for the first time on Friday after being charged with sexual assault.
The judge ordered him to have no contact with his accuser.
Thurmond is prohibited from possessing a firearm.
The former Rock House Officer was arrested last week in Arizona after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Rockford in May.
After posting bond and waiving extradition, Thurmond returned to Winnebago County for his court appearance.
The judge released him on bond over the prosecutor’s objections.
Thurmond is due to return to court on November 19th.
If convicted of the crime, he faces 15 years in prison.
- Lena-Winslow bracing to face a potent passing attack Saturday
- Titans hit the turf in preparation for their State Semifinal game
- Village of Cherry Valley looks to continue 1% sales tax levy in March 2020 ballot
- Aldeen assistant pro French wins Drasler Award
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products