Officials: Fire at Don Carter Lanes bowling alley started by cigarette

Local News

Photo: Rockford Fire Department

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Fire Department was able to put out a fire Friday afternoon at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State Street.

The Fire Department says a cigarette that was discarded in a mulch bed started the fire, which spread to the building.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Don Carter says the bowling alley has re-opened, but the bar is closed and there will be no food or liquor available Friday night.

Photo: Rockford Fire Department

MORE HEADLINES:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

Trending Stories