DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say 29-year-old Chrishun Keeler-Tyus was shot and killed, and another person injured, in a shooting at a FasMart gas station in DeKalb on Saturday.
Police were called to the gas station, at 933 South Fourth Street, at 1:50 p.m.
According to police, Keeler-Tyus got into an argument with a female customer inside the store. The woman called her husband for assistance. As Keeler-Tyus left the store, the customer’s husband arrived. At the same time, another dark colored vehicle pulled into the parking lot and shot several times at Keeler-Tyus, who was later taken to the hospital where he died.
Police say the second victim did not sustain life threatening injuries.
Police say the suspect vehicle was recovered in Aurora, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”