DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say 29-year-old Chrishun Keeler-Tyus was shot and killed, and another person injured, in a shooting at a FasMart gas station in DeKalb on Saturday.
Police were called to the gas station, at 933 South Fourth Street, at 1:50 p.m.
According to police, Keeler-Tyus got into an argument with a female customer inside the store. The woman called her husband for assistance. As Keeler-Tyus left the store, the customer’s husband arrived. At the same time, another dark colored vehicle pulled into the parking lot and shot several times at Keeler-Tyus, who was later taken to the hospital where he died.
Police say the second victim did not sustain life threatening injuries.
Police say the suspect vehicle was recovered in Aurora, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Walmart removes $35 minimum order requirement for Express delivery service
- Belvidere Chrysler plant cutting 150 jobs
- Police arrest Rockford man wielding gun inside a home
- Man robbed, stabbed on W. State Street near Sav-A-Lot
- Man with multiple warrants arrested at Rockford police station with shotgun, cocaine