MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Months after the historic flooding, Machesney Park leaders are still working to rebuild.
Earlier this year, heavy rains and sever flooding, damaged areas throughout the village.
Homes, businesses, roads, bridges and farms were all impacted.
The village and county Office of Emergency Management will join State and Federal counterparts to assess the damage.
Team members will gather information like the length of time people were displaced and effects of road closures. That data could help make the case for federal aid to cover repairs.
- Rockford scholarship fair pairs students with money for college
- Volunteers wanted to help wrap books as toddler gifts
- Rockford Police: 16-year-old shot in the ankle
- VIDEO: Quick-thinking good Samaritan saves dog after leash is caught in moving elevator
- Winnebago judge sets inmate free on furlough, then he allegedly robbed a store