MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Months after the historic flooding, Machesney Park leaders are still working to rebuild.
Earlier this year, heavy rains and sever flooding, damaged areas throughout the village.
Homes, businesses, roads, bridges and farms were all impacted.
The village and county Office of Emergency Management will join State and Federal counterparts to assess the damage.
Team members will gather information like the length of time people were displaced and effects of road closures. That data could help make the case for federal aid to cover repairs.
- ISP investigate a stolen Belvidere Police squad car crash
- Dosunmu’s return powers No. 4 Illinois over No. 7 Ohio State
- E-Rabs overcome 12-point halftime deficit, beat Jefferson to tie for Division ‘B’ lead
- Boylan tops Harlem, Huskies still win NIC-10 Division ‘A’
- IDPH announces 2,565 new COVID-19 cases, 50 deaths