MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Months after the historic flooding, Machesney Park leaders are still working to rebuild.
Earlier this year, heavy rains and sever flooding, damaged areas throughout the village.
Homes, businesses, roads, bridges and farms were all impacted.
The village and county Office of Emergency Management will join State and Federal counterparts to assess the damage.
Team members will gather information like the length of time people were displaced and effects of road closures. That data could help make the case for federal aid to cover repairs.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death