ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An event connected to a sumer concert series is canceled in Rockford. The Old Settler’s Days 5-K run will no longer take place.
The event is a major fundraiser for the Carrie Lynn Children’s Center in Rockford. The center helps give resources to families dealing with child sex abuse and physical abuse.
The 5K run was scheduled to take place on June 20th.
The announcement comes more than a week after Settler’s Days was canceled. Organizers for for events blame the COVID-19 crisis for the cancellations.
- Large police response to ‘incident in Freeport
- Delta passenger brings own microphone, amplifier to make in-flight announcement about pandemic, video shows
- Trump criticizes media for treating Powell ‘beautifully’ in death
- Offset buys Cardi B a hilltop mansion in the Dominican Republic for her birthday
- Woman raped on train while passengers did nothing, police say