BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — A body has been recovered from a Belvidere home after a fire Friday morning.
Fire crews responded shortly before noon to a home in the 9700 block of Wilcox Drive for a reported garage fire.
Fire officials say it took nearly two hours to put the fire out.
Neighbors say the person who lived in the house was an elderly man who lived on his own.
The Boone County Sheriff said the circumstances of the fire do not appear to be suspicious, but the fire is still under investigation.
The victim’s identity has not yet been released, as the family has yet to be notified.
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- Rockford Police investigate evening shooting near Eastmoreland Avenue
- Scattered showers continue Monday evening
- Chicago to increase capacity limits for gyms, stores and restaurants, add mask requirement for diners