BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — A body has been recovered from a Belvidere home after a fire Friday morning.
Fire crews responded shortly before noon to a home in the 9700 block of Wilcox Drive for a reported garage fire.
Fire officials say it took nearly two hours to put the fire out.
Neighbors say the person who lived in the house was an elderly man who lived on his own.
The Boone County Sheriff said the circumstances of the fire do not appear to be suspicious, but the fire is still under investigation.
The victim’s identity has not yet been released, as the family has yet to be notified.
- Teen accused of using remote control car to smuggle meth across border
- Koala rescued from Australian wildfire faces long recovery
- Woman charged for being topless in front of stepkids in own home
- Family says FedEx driver threw package over fence, killed dog
- Beloit Police need help to find missing disabled teen