OREGON, Ill. (WTVO)–An Oregon manufacturing plant halted production after one of their pieces of equipment caught on fire Wednesday morning.
Around 4:20 a.m., Oregon fire officials say they were dispatched to E.D. Etnyre & Co. located on 1333 Daysville Road. They saw a laser cutting machine ablaze. The baghouse dust collector behind it also sucked in the flames.
Crews managed to contain the fire from spreading as they extinguished it in about an hour.
Mutual aid was initially requested but later cancelled once firefighters knew they had successfully contained the fire.
There were no injuries, and no overall smoke damage to the rest of the building.
An investigation is ongoing to determine how the laser machine malfunctioned.
The company is expecting to resume work later once the water aftermath is cleared.
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns
- Miss Carly’s and staff gets a well deserved makeover!
- Rock’n Vodka has some Rock n Roll fans