OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Oregon High School’s “Freshman Merge Day,” held Wednesday, helps incoming students get adjusted and conquer first day of school jitters.
Incoming freshmen had the chance to eat lunch with the staff, tour the school, and join a scavenger hunt.
Students also participated in team building activities with fellow peers and upper classmen.
Junior Austin Ebart said, “Everything was changing a lot, coming into high school, and so, sophomore year… I just decided that I want to make this transition a little easier for the incoming freshmen.”
Oregon High School begins its school year tomorrow.
- Bailey paper ballot proposal would affect voters with disabilities, election board says
- Rashon Burno named NIU men’s head basketball coach
- Altybarmakian Strikes Twice in Comeback Overtime Thriller Over Wild
- Rain chances increase midweek as temperatures continue to climb
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview