OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Oregon High School’s “Freshman Merge Day,” held Wednesday, helps incoming students get adjusted and conquer first day of school jitters.
Incoming freshmen had the chance to eat lunch with the staff, tour the school, and join a scavenger hunt.
Students also participated in team building activities with fellow peers and upper classmen.
Junior Austin Ebart said, “Everything was changing a lot, coming into high school, and so, sophomore year… I just decided that I want to make this transition a little easier for the incoming freshmen.”
Oregon High School begins its school year tomorrow.
- Rockford area hoops scores for Wednesday, February 26
- Spring Temperatures on the Rise as our Climate Continues to Change
- Harlem School Board considers closing elementary school
- Proposed half cent sales tax would be used for mental health services
- Project SEARCH program helps students with disabilities find jobs