OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Oregon High School’s “Freshman Merge Day,” held Wednesday, helps incoming students get adjusted and conquer first day of school jitters.
Incoming freshmen had the chance to eat lunch with the staff, tour the school, and join a scavenger hunt.
Students also participated in team building activities with fellow peers and upper classmen.
Junior Austin Ebart said, “Everything was changing a lot, coming into high school, and so, sophomore year… I just decided that I want to make this transition a little easier for the incoming freshmen.”
Oregon High School begins its school year tomorrow.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death