ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Javier Granados-Leon, 48, a Mexican citizen arrested in Oregon, Illinois, was sentenced to 60 months in federal prison Thursday for illegally re-entering the U.S. after having been deported.
Granados-Leon pled guilty to the charge on July 21st, 2020, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
He was initially deported to Mexico on March 9th, 2017.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency