ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Some four-legged friends received a blessing at OSF Saint Anthony Hospital.
The blessing was organized by the hospital’s therapy animal program, as part of the Feast Day of Saint Francis, and was delivered by Father Polycarpe.
Therapy dogs, mission partners, and employees’ own pets took part.
Volunteers and their dogs have been providing comfort to patients for almost 11 years.
Auditions to take part in the Paws for Healing program will be held November 2nd.
Find out more by clicking here.
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players