SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health today announced 1,624 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Illinois, including 20 additional confirmed deaths.
- Boone County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 2 male 40s, 4 females 50s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 100+
- Douglas County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 2 males 60s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s
- McHenry County: 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 166,925 cases, including 7,367 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 39,706 specimens for a total of 2,388,193. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 16 –July 22 is 3.4%. As of last night, 1,473 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 309 patients were in the ICU and 135 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Boylan swimmers adjust to protocols and changes in their season
- Rivets return home, still struggle in loss to the Woodchucks
- World’s last Blockbuster becomes Airbnb rental
- 1996 Alaska cold case closed after Arkansas man’s DNA is a match
- Three anonymous Belvidere FCA Assembly Plant workers voice concerns about COVID-19 policies