STEPHENSON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — An overpass on US 20 will be renamed Friday in honor of fallen Illinois State Trooper Brooke Jones-Story.
Jones-Story was killed in March when a semi-truck hit her on the highway.
Illinois lawmakers say the tribute will honor her as well as serving as a reminder for drivers to follow Scott’s Law.
- Huskies second half rally helps secure win at Eastern Illinois
- Rockford hospitals get green light to give new treatment to COVID-19 patients
- Winnebago County Sheriff hosts ‘Fill the Bus’ gift drive on Saturday
- Building trades organization opposes closure of Byron nuclear plant
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications