FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police arrested 41-year-old Marcus Hayes for failure to register as a murderer, a requirement of his parole.
According to police, Hayes was served with a felony warrant on January 23rd.
Hayes, who now resides in Freeport, was convicted of the 1996 murder of Alexander Walker outside a liquor store in Chicago.
Hayes is being held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East beats Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere
- Aquin pulls off a mild upset over Lena-Winslow