FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police arrested 41-year-old Marcus Hayes for failure to register as a murderer, a requirement of his parole.
According to police, Hayes was served with a felony warrant on January 23rd.
Hayes, who now resides in Freeport, was convicted of the 1996 murder of Alexander Walker outside a liquor store in Chicago.
Hayes is being held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
- Illinois health officials report 2,529 new cases of COVID-19; state surpasses 5 million tests
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses