ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 25-year-old Austin Garner was caught in Rockford after a police chase which started in Forreston.
Forreston Police say they pulled Garner over early Friday morning but he fled, driving through Ogle and Winnebago counties before he was finally caught in Rockford.
Police say no one was hurt in the chase.
Garner was sentenced prior to two years in prison for assault and fleeing in Boone County.
He was booked into the Lincoln Correctional Facility in August of 2018 but was given parole in February 2019.
Garner was wanted for other crimes, including domestic battery, in Winnebago County.
- You won’t get a second stimulus check before Election Day, so what now?
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters
- New Biden ad featuring Sam Elliott takes off on Twitter
- Volunteer in AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine trial has died, Brazil health authority says
- ‘Hap-hap-happiest Christmas’: Sam’s Club offers virtual shopping experience in ‘Griswold House’