MARENGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Part of I-90 in McHenry County will be renamed after slain Deputy Jacob Keltner, who was shot to death while serving a warrant at a Rockford hotel in March.
The I-90 – Route 23 interchange will be named in honor of Deputy Keltner.
Keltner’s widow, Becki, was presented with a resolution on Thursday making the name change official.
Keltner was killed while working with the U.S. Marshal Service Fugitive Task Force on March 7th, while serving a warrant on Floyd Brown, of Springfield, at the Extended Stay America Hotel, 653 Clark Drive.
Brown faces a long list of charges, including the murder of a federal law enforcement officer.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80