MARENGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Part of I-90 in McHenry County will be renamed after slain Deputy Jacob Keltner, who was shot to death while serving a warrant at a Rockford hotel in March.
The I-90 – Route 23 interchange will be named in honor of Deputy Keltner.
Keltner’s widow, Becki, was presented with a resolution on Thursday making the name change official.
Keltner was killed while working with the U.S. Marshal Service Fugitive Task Force on March 7th, while serving a warrant on Floyd Brown, of Springfield, at the Extended Stay America Hotel, 653 Clark Drive.
Brown faces a long list of charges, including the murder of a federal law enforcement officer.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say