ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — One person is dead after being hit by a car on 11th Street on Thursday morning, according to police.
Around 4:30 a.m., Rockford Police said they had closed off the northbound lanes of 11th Street, between Airport Drive and the on-ramp of U.S. 20 east, due to a vehicle vs pedestrian accident, in the 3800 block of 11th Street.
Police say a 30-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man were along 11th Street. When the man attempted to cross the street, he was hit and killed by a pickup truck heading north.
The driver of the pickup truck, a 50-year-old man, is cooperating with police, authorities said.
- Tennessee bill would give immunity to drivers who unintentionally hit someone blocking roadway
- Freeport Police searching for missing man
- Slightly Cooler Highs Follow Our First 50° Day of the Year
- Janesville man wanted by police leads officers on 20 mile pursuit
- School libraries say Dr. Seuss books to remain on shelves