ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Volunteers made costumes for new babies at Swedish American Hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit on Friday.
The tiny patients were dressed up in fun holiday costumes such as popcorn and superheroes.
The staff of the NICU say the costumes help to brighten the spirits of both parents and the staff.
Baby Lincoln was born in August at just 30 weeks.
“We had him as the little fry from the McDonald’s fry costume,” said mom Brandi McDaniel. “That fits him perfectly. He’s so tiny. So, he’s just like a little extra fry that was in there with them.”
“Little Fry” Lincoln is 8 weeks old today and is expected to go home soon.
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Protests demand Ted Cruz’s resignation at senator’s Houston office
- Rock County man arrested for 7th OWI
- More than 30 lawmakers call for investigation into ‘suspicious’ access to Capitol Complex ahead of breach