ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Volunteers made costumes for new babies at Swedish American Hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit on Friday.
The tiny patients were dressed up in fun holiday costumes such as popcorn and superheroes.
The staff of the NICU say the costumes help to brighten the spirits of both parents and the staff.
Baby Lincoln was born in August at just 30 weeks.
“We had him as the little fry from the McDonald’s fry costume,” said mom Brandi McDaniel. “That fits him perfectly. He’s so tiny. So, he’s just like a little extra fry that was in there with them.”
“Little Fry” Lincoln is 8 weeks old today and is expected to go home soon.
- Kyle Slattery leads Rockford area pros in day one of the Illinois Open
- 15 arrested in California child sex sting – including highway patrol officer, prison employee
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- 3 Wyoming sightseeing balloons crash, as many as 20 injured
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment