ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Volunteers made costumes for new babies at Swedish American Hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit on Friday.
The tiny patients were dressed up in fun holiday costumes such as popcorn and superheroes.
The staff of the NICU say the costumes help to brighten the spirits of both parents and the staff.
Baby Lincoln was born in August at just 30 weeks.
“We had him as the little fry from the McDonald’s fry costume,” said mom Brandi McDaniel. “That fits him perfectly. He’s so tiny. So, he’s just like a little extra fry that was in there with them.”
“Little Fry” Lincoln is 8 weeks old today and is expected to go home soon.
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017