ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Volunteers made costumes for new babies at Swedish American Hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit on Friday.
The tiny patients were dressed up in fun holiday costumes such as popcorn and superheroes.
The staff of the NICU say the costumes help to brighten the spirits of both parents and the staff.
Baby Lincoln was born in August at just 30 weeks.
“We had him as the little fry from the McDonald’s fry costume,” said mom Brandi McDaniel. “That fits him perfectly. He’s so tiny. So, he’s just like a little extra fry that was in there with them.”
“Little Fry” Lincoln is 8 weeks old today and is expected to go home soon.
- First Fall freeze likely by the end of the week
- Rodgers, Crosby’s OT FG lead Packers past Pats, Zappe 27-24
- Bears don’t capitalize on chances in falling to Giants 20-12
- 300 jobs at new Rockford Amazon facility still not posted on company site
- Roscoe’s Austin Nason makes it back-to-back NSTC championships at Rockford Speedway