ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says one person was killed when a small twin engine plane crashed during takeoff a the Chicago Rockford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
Airport administrators said the Beechcraft King Air 200 plane went off the runway, and caught fire upon impact.
Fire crews from multiple local agencies were called out around 3:45 p.m.
- The Memo: Trump’s political woes with women deepen as Stormy Daniels reclaims stage
- Nine confirmed tornadoes in the Stateline from Friday’s storms
- Koepka takes 3-shot lead at LIV Orlando
- Drone photos capture storm devastation in Indiana
- Family identifies victim of Belvidere tornado, theater roof collapse
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!