ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says one person was killed when a small twin engine plane crashed during takeoff a the Chicago Rockford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
Airport administrators said the Beechcraft King Air 200 plane went off the runway, and caught fire upon impact.
Fire crews from multiple local agencies were called out around 3:45 p.m.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision