FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 41-year-old Jennifer Adams was arrested in Joliet on Wednesday. Both she and her son are charged in the murder of 45-year-old Thomas Fort.
Freeport Police say they received a tip about Adams’ location and forwarded that information to the U.S. Marshals Regional Fugitive Task Force. She was arrested at a motel in Joliet at approximately 1 p.m. this afternoon.
She will be held in the Will County Jail until she can be extradited to Stephenson County, authorities said.
Her son, Javian Adams, 23, was arrested on June 8th.
On Wednesday, June 5th, Fort’s body was discovered in the 500 block of E. Iroquois Street. During the investigation, detectives learned that Fort had been physically assaulted in the 600 block of W. Stephenson Street and was moved to where he was found dead.
According to the coroner, an autopsy revealed that Fort suffered numerous facial injuries, including a severely fractured mandible, but the exact cause of death has yet to be determined.
Javian Adams is charged with three counts of First Degree Murder, Aggravated Battery, and Concealment of a Homicidal Death.
Jennifer Adams is charged with Concealment of a Homicidal Death and Obstructing Justice.
Both Adamses were on parole from the Illinois Department of Corrections at the time of the murder.
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts
- Soon, a candle can make your house smell like McDonald’s