ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have charged Shawnqiz Lee, 28, for the murder of Julian Young, 23, on S. Henrietta Avenue in 2018.
Police say Lee shot and killed Young around 6:30 a.m. on February 23rd, 2018, in the 400 block of S. Henrietta Avenue.
When officers arrived to the home, they found Young dead from a gunshot wound. A second resident, a 22-year-old female, was not hurt.
Lee has been charged with First Degree Murder and Home Invasion.
At the time, detectives said they were searching for two suspects. It is not clear yet if Lee’s accomplice has been taken into custody or charged.
Lee is in custody on a $5 million bond and faces up to 60 years in prison if convicted.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages