ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have charged Shawnqiz Lee, 28, for the murder of Julian Young, 23, on S. Henrietta Avenue in 2018.
Police say Lee shot and killed Young around 6:30 a.m. on February 23rd, 2018, in the 400 block of S. Henrietta Avenue.
When officers arrived to the home, they found Young dead from a gunshot wound. A second resident, a 22-year-old female, was not hurt.
Lee has been charged with First Degree Murder and Home Invasion.
At the time, detectives said they were searching for two suspects. It is not clear yet if Lee’s accomplice has been taken into custody or charged.
Lee is in custody on a $5 million bond and faces up to 60 years in prison if convicted.
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station