FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 31-year-old Nicholos Brooks has been charged with retail theft in for allegedly stealing a pair of earrings from a Freeport clothing store.
Freeport Police say they were called to Sophia’s Boutique, at 119 E. Stephenson, around 2:35 p.m. on Valentine’s Day.
Employees told police that a male suspect, later identified as Brooks, had stolen a $15 pair of earrings.
Brooks was later taken into custody in the area of Wilbur Ave and Stephenson Street.
Police say Brooks had a prior conviction for retail theft in LaSalle County in 2018, resulting in his retail theft charge being upgraded to a felony.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
- President Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil
- Freeport coach Dedmond speaks out on the impact of MLK Jr.
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Beloit business encourages people to ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ for Valentine’s Day
- Local organization issues online challenge in honor of MLK Day