FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 31-year-old Nicholos Brooks has been charged with retail theft in for allegedly stealing a pair of earrings from a Freeport clothing store.
Freeport Police say they were called to Sophia’s Boutique, at 119 E. Stephenson, around 2:35 p.m. on Valentine’s Day.
Employees told police that a male suspect, later identified as Brooks, had stolen a $15 pair of earrings.
Brooks was later taken into custody in the area of Wilbur Ave and Stephenson Street.
Police say Brooks had a prior conviction for retail theft in LaSalle County in 2018, resulting in his retail theft charge being upgraded to a felony.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
- ‘Despite best possible sanitation’, 2 residents test positive for COVID-19 at Rockford nursing home
- Virus prompts Cook County to open warehouse to store bodies
- Truck drivers find signs they’re not welcome while delivering the goods we need
- Wind Advisory Issued, Wind Whipped Snow Showers Possible
- Could a blood test for COVID-19 antibodies help reopen the economy?