ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say the driver who struck and killed a 53-year-old woman while crossing Auburn Street is being fully cooperative with the investigation.
Officers were called to the 2600 block of Auburn Street, just west of North Rockton Avenue, around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators say 53-year-old Lisa Austin woman was walking north across Auburn Street when a red SUV, traveling westbound, struck her.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Police say the 21-year-old driver of the SUV initially left the scene but later contacted police.
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12th, urges e-filing
- My Take: The QB matchup NFL fans want and James Harden a Bucks’ nightmare
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural