FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police say they arrested 42-year-old Stanford Jarrells after he allegedly chased his girlfriend, trying to run her off the road.
According to police, officers were flagged down by a citizen who told them they had seen a red and white SUV chasing a silver vehicle in the area of West Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard.
Police say they located the SUV in the area of Avon Street and James Avenue, and determined that Jarrells had been tailgating his girlfriend’s vehicle and run her off the road.
Officers say Jarrells’ driver’s license had been suspended since June 2011 for DUI, and he had previously been convicted of driving on a suspended license.
Jarrells was charged with Driving while License Suspended, Reckless Driving, and Disorderly Conduct.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail.
- QAnon’s ‘Save the Children’ morphs into popular slogan
- Illinois student suspended over pellet gun seen in virtual classroom
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- White House lists ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ as an accomplishment