FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 31-year-old Ashjia Burns was arrested by Freeport Police on Thursday and charged with Aggravated Identity Theft.
Police say between June 2017 and May 2018, Burns used the social security number and driver’s license number of a 60-year-old victim to pay for electricity from ComEd at her home in the 900 block of W. Jefferson Drive.
Burns posted 10 percent of a $30,000 bond and was released from the Freeport Police Department.
- LIVE: Verdict in Chauvin trial incoming
- Michigan father angry, moves schools after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Rattlesnake bites California man who tried to pick it up with BBQ tongs
- ICU bed availability remains low in Region 1
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect