ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local police held an intimate “Coffee With a Cop” meetup with those they protect and serve.
The nationwide “Coffee With a Cop” event is designed to bring together residents and police officers.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office held theirs at the By the Dozen Bakery, at 8324 N 2nd Street in Machesney Park, Wednesday morning.
Free coffee was provided as residents stopped by to either discuss issues or simply get a chance to personally get to know the officers.
Sgt. Tammie Stanley said, “We are just able to find out what’s going on in their neighborhoods, what we can do better, what we’re doing good, just to have some conversion [to let them know] we’re actually people and we’re not just out there arresting people, or pulling people over. You see us at accident scenes, or see us at the worst times. It’s nice to see us on a good time.”
Today’s “Coffee With a Cop” event was the fourth year local police have participated.
- Weekend Starts Dry and Breezy, Ends With Shower Chances
- Judge grants postponement in extradition hearing of Kyle Rittenhouse
- LIVE: Family of Breonna Taylor and attorneys to address grand jury decision
- LIVE: Ginsburg first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- Deputies respond to home of fan screaming ‘shoot!’ while watching Stanley Cup Final