UPDATE: On Sunday, Rockford Police announced that they have issued a warrant in connection to the shooting. 19-year-old Timothy Harris is wanted and will face the following charges:
-Aggravated Battery with a Firearm
-Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm
-Aggravated Unlawful Use of Weapons
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police are investigating a shooting Friday afternoon.
Police were called to the 1200 block of W. State Street, near Crusader Clinic, around 2:30 p.m, where the 19-year-old victim had been transported by a friend. Police say the shooting happened in the 500 block of Webster Avenue.
The victim, who was shot in the upper chest, suffered serious but not life threatening injuries, according to police.
Police also believe the victim was targeted, and that the shooting was not a random attack.
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Fire crews extinguish apartment fire early Monday morning