ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 35-year-old Dashea Harris was arrested Thursday as part of a narcotics investigation. 29-year-old Letrice Lilly was also arrested, on an outstanding warrant.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputies say they were conducting an investigation in the 3300 block of Auburn Street around 1 p.m. when they spotted Harris drive into a parking lot and enter a nearby store.
Harris was allegedly wanted on a warrant for domestic-related strangulation.
Police say they arrested Harris in the store after a brief struggle.
During a search of his car, deputies say they found 72 individually wrapped bags of heroin and a small amount of crack cocaine.
Lilly, a passenger in the car, was wanted for a criminal damage to property warrant.
Harris has been charged with possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, resisting arrest and driving with a revoked license.
He was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on a $150,000 bond.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Rockford Public Library Board faced with tough choice on closing some branches
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?