ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police have confirmed one person was shot just before noon, in the 700 block of N. Winnebago Street.
The victim, 28-year-old man, was shot multiple times and suffered what Police Chief Dan O’Shea said at the time were non-life threatening injuries.
He was taken to a local hospital.
Rockford Police later tweeted that the victim had suffered life-threatening injuries.
The shooting happened within three blocks of this morning’s double homicide, in which a man and woman were shot to death in the 700 block of Bruce Street.
O’Shea said the murders occurred at the same house where a dog was shot to death on July 19th.
Two men, Kelvin Langston, 28, and Douglas Hollyfield, 26, are suspects in the death of the animal and are considered “persons of interest” in the murders.
- Volcano Falls reopens with safety restrictions
- Rockford Police seek public’s help identifying cars linked to looting
- Gov. Pritzker activates National Guard as Illinois cities face ‘surge of destructive action’ in last 24 hours
- Another Belvidere nursing home patient dies of COVID-19
- Illinois COVID-19 positivity rate, daily cases continue to see decrease