BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police say they arrested a suspected Chicago drug dealer on I-90 on Friday.
Police say a Boone County Sheriff’s Deputy stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation at 11:50 p.m. near the Belvidere Oasis.
According to authorities, when a K9 alerted police to the presence of drugs in the vehicle, they discovered 100 grams of cocaine, $3,000 in cash and a loaded, stolen semi-automatic handgun.
23-year-old Nathan Ramirez, of Aurora, was charged with Unlawful Possession of Cocaine with Intent to Deliver, Unlawful Possession of Cocaine, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, and Unlawful Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
Brooklynn Colacino, 26, of Chicago, was charged with Unlawful Possession of Cocaine.
Police say Ramirez’s vehicle was seized and the investigation is still ongoing, and could result in more charges.
Ramirez is still in custody in the Boone County Jail; Colacino bonded out.
- Rockford coaches have respect, admiration for Kobe Bryant
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy
- Aviation experts suspect Bryant’s pilot got lost in the fog