ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 23-year-old Darionte Hallom was arrested Friday after police caught him in a car with a loaded gun in his lap.
According to Rockford Police, officers spotted Hallom in a vehicle in the 1900 block of W. Pearl Street. Police say they were able to see the weapon lying in his lap, and took him into custody.
Although he had a valid FOID card, police say he did not have a Concealed Carry permit. He was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
Hallom was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Wisconsin restaurant takes prices off menu letting customers pay for what they can during coronavirus crisis
- 39-year-old Florida deputy dies from coronavirus, sheriff urges public to heed distancing orders
- Singer Pink and her 3-year-old son test positive for COVID-19
- A student from Kentucky makes masks for the hearing impaired community