FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police say several juvenile gang members were spotted in the area of a shooting on Thursday, but haven’t been located for questioning yet.
Police say they were dispatched to the 700 block of S. Galena Avenue at 3:28 p.m. for a report of multiple gunshots fired in the area.
Officers located empty casings near a vacant building, and found an unoccupied vehicle which had been struck by a bullet.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Freeport Police Department or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers.
- Paroled killer arrested for failure to register with Freeport Police
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter was previously owned by the State of Illinois
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers