FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police say several juvenile gang members were spotted in the area of a shooting on Thursday, but haven’t been located for questioning yet.
Police say they were dispatched to the 700 block of S. Galena Avenue at 3:28 p.m. for a report of multiple gunshots fired in the area.
Officers located empty casings near a vacant building, and found an unoccupied vehicle which had been struck by a bullet.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Freeport Police Department or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers.
- 20-year-old male transported to hospital after being shot Tuesday night
- Locally Dense Fog Developing Tuesday Evening
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town