POPLAR GROVE, Ill. (WTVO) — Police say 23-year-old Adebayo Adeniyi shot his father at his Poplar Grove home on Monday afternoon.
Boone County Sheriff’s officers were called to a Poplar Grove neighborhood near Deer Run Trail and Cress Creek Trail for a report of shots fired.
The victim, Olumuyiwa Adeniyi, was taken to the hospital where he later died, police said on Tuesday.
Neighbors said that around 4:15 p.m., emergency responders started showing up at the scene.
Adeniyi was charged with Aggravated Battery with a Firearm, but police said additional charges are likely.
Adeniyi was taken to the Boone County Jail.
- Police: Gun shop owner shoots, kills looter in Philadelphia
- Hot & Humid Tuesday, Strong Storms Possible Overnight
- 1st human trial of COVID-19 antibody treatment begins
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral