MT. MORRIS, Ill. (WTVO) — A pregnant woman has died in a house fire in Mt. Morris.
The fire happened Wednesday afternoon around 4:30 pm. on South Hannah Avenue.
Mt. Morris Fire Protection District said heavy smoke was seen coming from the roof of the home when they arrived.
The 27-year-old victim was found unconscious in the kitchen. She died at the scene, officials said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others