WASHINGTON, D.C. (WTVO) — President Donald Trump praised the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Gov. Tony Evers’ safer-at-home order with a tweet on Thursday morning.
On Wednesday, the court ruled that Evers overstepped his authority when he extended the safer-at-home order for another month, without consulting lawmakers.
“The Great State of Wisconsin, home to Tom Tiffany’s big Congressional Victory on Tuesday, was just given another win. Its Democrat Governor was forced by the courts to let the State Open. The people want to get on with their lives. The place is bustling!” the President tweeted.
In the meanwhile, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned Congress Monday that if the country reopens too soon during the coronavirus pandemic, it will result in “needless suffering and death.”
- 2 National Guard members removed from Biden inauguration
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement
- Ice Castles opening this weekend in Lake Geneva
- Nestlé recalls 762,000 pounds of pepperoni Hot Pockets
- Country music icon Dolly Parton turns 75