CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois Gov. JB Pritkzer said he and his family have been spending time on their horse farm in Wisconsin, saying they’re doing an essential function.
According to the Chicago Tribune, some have called the travel a violation of his own stay-at-home order.
“I just will say we have a working farm. They’re there now. There are animals on that farm, that is an essential function to take care of animals at a farm, so that’s what they’re doing,” Pritzker said.
A spokesperson for the governor’s office said Pritzker and his family have been living in Chicago but have visited the farm in Racine.
The Governor said his wife and daughter were originally in Florida when the shelter-in-place order was issued there.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19