SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker says his newest budget will save taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.
Pritzker says the 2021 budget will save more than $225 million, with a total of $750 million over the next three years.
State agency leaders recommended areas where the state could cut spending.
The Governor says inefficiencies were rooted out and residents shouldn’t notice a difference in services.
“I believe strongly that effective government demands efficient government,” Pritzker said. “It’s been a point of pride for my administration to act as wise fiscal stewards of Illinois limited state resources, maximizing operational resources and saving hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars.”
Pritzker will deliver his budget address on Wednesday.
- LIVE: Verdict in Chauvin trial incoming
- Michigan father angry, moves schools after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Rattlesnake bites California man who tried to pick it up with BBQ tongs
- ICU bed availability remains low in Region 1
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect