SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker says his newest budget will save taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.
Pritzker says the 2021 budget will save more than $225 million, with a total of $750 million over the next three years.
State agency leaders recommended areas where the state could cut spending.
The Governor says inefficiencies were rooted out and residents shouldn’t notice a difference in services.
“I believe strongly that effective government demands efficient government,” Pritzker said. “It’s been a point of pride for my administration to act as wise fiscal stewards of Illinois limited state resources, maximizing operational resources and saving hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars.”
Pritzker will deliver his budget address on Wednesday.
- Nystrom, Lutheran enjoy a big night against Mendota
- Rockford area basketball scores for Tuesday, February 18
- Rod Blagojevich speaks at Denver airport prior to flight home
- Billion Dollar Disasters on the Rise as Climate Change Continues
- Historic Freeport Tabernacle to be demolished, city leaders again decide