SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a new law on Friday to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
The new law mandates annual sexual harassment training for businesses and adds new protections for contract workers.
The bill prohibits employers from disclosing the name of a victim.
It also ensures that a victim is not represented by the same union representative as the accused.
The law takes effect on January 1st, 2020.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say