On Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m., a neighbor was walking their dog and saw smoke coming from the upper story at 720 James Ave in Rockford.
The fire was contained to the upstairs bedroom. Quick action by the Rockford Fire Department kept the house fire from doing further damage.
No residents were home at the time of the fire. The Department estimated a total of only $6,000.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning