On Sunday morning around 7:30 a.m., a neighbor was walking their dog and saw smoke coming from the upper story at 720 James Ave in Rockford.
The fire was contained to the upstairs bedroom. Quick action by the Rockford Fire Department kept the house fire from doing further damage.
No residents were home at the time of the fire. The Department estimated a total of only $6,000.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- See the United Center floor fill up with non-perishable food for the COVID-19 response
- Coronavirus Illinois: Large summer events may be canceled to stop spread of COVID-19, Pritzker says
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19