ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Some of Rockford’s first responders got a special treat from Red Lobster on Thursday, thanks to the restaurant’s First Responders First initiative.
The thank you party meant plenty of seafood for Rockford Police, Fire and 9-1-1 call center employees.
Organizers of the event said it’s their way of bringing the community together.
“Our community, we’re one, whether it be the person on the street, or the person working,” said Red Lobster Event Manager Debbie Anderson. “It’s — we’re one as human beings, to help each other. I don’t think anyone should pass up an opportunity to say thank you and I appreciate what you do.”
The idea for the event was sparked by the upcoming release of a documentary about first responders in Gander, Newfoundland who helped on September 11th, 2001, when 40 planes – carrying nearly 7,000 people from around the world – were forced to land.
The documentary is called “You Are Here: A Come From Away Story” and is playing one night only in theaters nationwide.
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- Rockford police responding to early morning shooting investigation; two with life-threatening injuries
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away