SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 3,292 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 40 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,101,819 cases, including 18,750 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 90,138 specimens for a total 15,409,832. As of last night, 2,994 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 617 patients were in the ICU and 321 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Clinton County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 6 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 2 males 80s, 2 females 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 male 70s
- Dewitt County: 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 100+
- Effingham County: 1 male 70s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 70s
- Knox County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s
- Logan County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Macon County: 1 female 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s
- McHenry County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 male 70s
- Stephenson County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 male 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 80s
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from January 17–23, 2021 is 4.8%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from January 17–23, 2021 is 6.0%.
A total of 1,112,725 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 524,050 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 1,636,775. IDPH is currently reporting a total of 681,473 vaccines administered, including 106,274 for long-term care facilities. Yesterday, a total of 23,653 doses were administered. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 27,776 doses.
If all the mitigation metrics continue to improve, regions 1 and 2 will move into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Monday, January 25, 2021.
The region currently sits at 6.2% positivity rate. As of Sunday, there are 116 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, a decrease from 149 patients on January 16th.
To view the full metrics for Region 1, click here.