CHERRY VALLEY, Ill. (WTVO) — Cherry Valley residents who have fallen behind on their rent or mortgage payments due to the pandemic can now receive help.
The funds are intended to assist residents in the 61016 area code who have had a temporary interruption in income or financial hardship related to COVID-19. The Illinois Department of Health identified the area as having severe impacts from the pandemic.
The assistance comes from the state CURES Program. Funds are limited to up to six months of assistance.
To see if you are eligible to receive assistance, please call the Community Action Agency at 779-348-7582. The application will be completed by phone and email as much as possible.
If needed, staff will provide assistance at a site to be determined in the Village of Cherry Valley. Applications will be taken until all funds are exhausted or December 15, 2020.
- Police call for community help after 3 Beloit teens shot
- Rain showers return for the weekend; Temperatures warm near 80 degrees next week
- IceHogs head into the final weekend of their season
- Freeport woman meets half-sister she never knew she had, thanks to DNA test
- Rockford-area realtors volunteer for community service