CHERRY VALLEY, Ill. (WTVO) — Cherry Valley residents who have fallen behind on their rent or mortgage payments due to the pandemic can now receive help.
The funds are intended to assist residents in the 61016 area code who have had a temporary interruption in income or financial hardship related to COVID-19. The Illinois Department of Health identified the area as having severe impacts from the pandemic.
The assistance comes from the state CURES Program. Funds are limited to up to six months of assistance.
To see if you are eligible to receive assistance, please call the Community Action Agency at 779-348-7582. The application will be completed by phone and email as much as possible.
If needed, staff will provide assistance at a site to be determined in the Village of Cherry Valley. Applications will be taken until all funds are exhausted or December 15, 2020.
- Local family using their grief to spread mental health awareness
- Local nonprofit wants your old cell phones/tablets to help deployed soldiers
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Illinois AG announces $20k settlement with Modern Plating after Freeport chemical spill
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day