MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — We now know the name of the suspect who was shot during a home invasion on the day after Christmas.
Police say 27-year-old Johntavis King was arrested and charged with home invasion with a dangerous weapon.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to a home in the 2000 block of Anjali Way, near AMC Showplace 14, around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 26th.
A victim reported that he interrupted a burglary at his home. According to police, the victim struggled with King and a shot was fired.
King fled the scene, but later showed up at a Rockford hospital suffering from a gunshot wound.
If convicted, King faces up to 30 years in prison.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday