ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Tuesday night The League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford hosted a forum so residents could learn more about the Census.
Community leaders took part, including retired Judge Rosemary Collins, Rudy Valdez from the Coalition of Latino Leaders and several others.
During the forum residents learned what information is collected during the Census.
Jo Minor, President of the League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford, says a recent push for a citizenship question has some worried about where that information goes.
“That has bred some distrust and we want to get the word out that none of this information, none of it, goes to any government agencies,” Minor said. “No names are attached. It’s figures that they’re looking at.”
April 1st, 2020 is Census Day.
By that date every home should get a Census invitation, and residents can respond either online, by phone or by mail.
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players
- Best of the Best: Packers O vs. Rams D
- How do I sign up to receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- Cases of the flu almost non-existent in Winnebago County, compared to last year
- Janesville School District under investigation over report it intends to vaccinate teachers next week