ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford collector’s shop welcomed Chicago football royalty Friday.
The Collector’s Bench hosted the 1985 Bear that ran the offense, Jim McMahon.
The punky quarterback wore his signature shades as he took pictures, signed footballs and helmets for excited fans.
Only 200 people got the chance to meet the man who helped the Bears win the Superbowl.
200 people may sound like a lot, but people who’ve seen McMahon at other events said it made for a more intimate meet and greet.
“He looks good. It’s great to see him in this environment. Sometimes we go to the bigger shows and there’s so many more people and this is a little more personal so this was nice,” said attendees Kathleen and Curtis Buchanan.
The meeting wasn’t free, fans shelled out $80 a piece to meet the Superbowl Champion.
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station