LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A local police department is mourning after the death of one of their own.
Retired Loves Park Police Sergeant Lori DePauw passed away over the weekend. She served the department for more than 25 years.
You may recognize Sergeant DePauw from a story we did on her back in 2015. We followed her to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota as she received a kidney transplant from her sister.
DePauw retired from the force in 2018. She leaves behind a husband, five children, and five grandchildren.
- LIVE: Lightfoot announces ‘business curfew’ in Chicago as COVID-19 cases rise
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge