ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rick Ciganek was sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy on Monday.
Ciganek comes to Winnebago County from the Elgin Police Department, where his duties included overseeing crime prevention and community relations.
Here, Ciganek will manage the day-to-day operations of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department.
Ciganek said he made the career move because he was looking for a new challenge.
“To me, it’s a tremendous honor to be be able to be a part of this organization,” he said. “It’s an organization with an outstanding reputation and I think that I’m really excited for the opportunity to help improve this team.”
Ciganek has been in law enforcement for 29 years.
- IceHogs to pay tribute to a previous Stateline hockey team on Jersey Auction Night
- Rockford man faces numerous weapon charges after six hour standoff
- Former State Representative still making impact in retirement
- Illinois restricts how students are secluded and restrained
- UK patient plays violin during unusual brain surgery